Passion... Purpose... Possibilities
Join us for a complimentary meal, and sample the atmosphere of one of New England's premier retirement communites. Call or visit a Rental Associate for more information any day, including weekends. See all the reasons why this is home!
Home-cooked meals perhaps do the most for our fine reputation, because the exquisite dining rooms always seem to become the center of everyone's attention - at least three times every day. Meal quality, variety, nutrition, and overall appeal become extraordinarily important as we enjoy our later years.
New Horizons Sample Menu
Both New Horizons use basically the same menu in all dining rooms. The menu below is a typical week of the six-week Winter Cycle. A completely different Summer Menu is served during the six warmer months. Small variations will always occur. In addition to the items shown, a number of popular "always available" items including various sandwiches, omelets, etc., may be substituted at any time for additional choices.
Residents are encouraged to select either our standard "Healthy Portions," or "Half Portions," or "Hearty Portions," and to vary this anytime they wish. Dinner menus typically include salad and three vegetables each evening.
- At NHM soup is typically offered with each lunch, and salad with each dinner meal.
- Red and white wines are typically offered every evening and during Sunday dinner without additional cost.
- All menus are written by an experienced hospital dietitian and are reviewed twice each year by an outside registered dietitian. Both menus and food preparation are routinely discussed, as well, with the resident Food Service Committee in each community. All meals are supervised and prepared by New Horizon's own staff of culinary professionals.
- Typical of the supplemental menu items which are considered "always available" at any meal are a variety of egg omelets; sandwiches such as sliced turkey, egg salad, peanut butter and tuna fish; chicken soup; fresh fruit cup; a variety of ice creams; hot chocolate; homemade cookies, etc.
- Every effort is made to recognize that mealtimes are an extremely important part of every day at New Horizons. Top quality ingredients are used at all times, and meals are prepared with great attention to details. Appropriate garnishes and the friendly companionship of table mates and dining room staff also do much to make mealtimes the highlights of the day.